Barbados Travel is great fun. It is a tropical paradise and is one of the Caribbean’s most popular destinations.
You can relax on the beach, stay in one of the Barbados villas, go diving on some incredible wrecks and more.
The annual temperature is 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and has about 3,000 hours of sunshine per year. Not bad!
This web page provides fascinating things to do in Barbados as well as some cheap inexpensive ideas to keep your costs down.
View Larger Map
Cheap Inexpensive Vacation Ideas
• Travel during the off season. Peak season is December thru April. Hurricane season starts in June so be aware. Barbados travel insurance may be warranted. Off season travel to Barbados provides fewer crowds, less hustle and bustle and has more of the spirit of Barbados life.
• If you have several people in your group consider Barbados Villas. Off season have the best deals.
• Make sure you book far in advance to get the best rates. Flights to Barbados and hotels rates can be cut as much as 20-60% during the off season which is late summer and fall.
• Research the best hotel and flights to Barbados.
Book Travel Online.
• Consider visiting Barbados on a cruise vacation. Cruises are a great way to keep your costs down and see many great places.
• Make your plans early so you can lock in rates.
Divers going out for the day in Barbados - Barbados Travel
Here are some great things to see and do on Barbados on vacation.
Caribbean Best Beaches
Barbados has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The beaches on the islands west coast “Gold Coast” Caribbean side are much better than the ones on the Atlantic side.
Kayak and Turtle Encounter
This tour is with an experienced guide on a kayak tour and swimming with turtles.
Mount Gay Rum Distillery and Banks Beer Tour
Barbados is the birthplace of rum. For 400 years it has been producing some of the best rum. On the 17th century sugar plantations the slaves discovered that molasses ferments into alcohol and when distilled becomes rum.
This excursion takes a tour of the number one rum distillery in Barbados. It then goes to the Banks Brewery for some excellent beer.
Horseback Riding and Country Drive
The horseback riding goes to the middle of the island past old plantation houses, sugar cane fields and more.
For more information on Barbados see:
Return from Barbados Travel to Cheap Caribbean Vacation