The Best Small Digital Camera
The best small digital camera is the one that meets your needs for vacation pictures!
The purpose of this page is to help you sort though the wide array of compact digital cameras and find the one that is right for you.
Focusing Your Search
It is easy to get confused and go into “Information Overload” when looking for the best small digital camera.
There are many different companies and options available.
Many people will short circuit and not just pick something. Many regret that quick decision.
Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Camera
To make the decision easier, we will use the Pareto Rule. In simple terms the Pareto Rule (a rule of thumb) that means to focus 80 percent of your attention on 20 percent of the factors that will give you the greatest benefits from a camera.
First, the important factors to consider when you are purchasing the best small digital camera are:.
• Company. – Pick a company you trust.
• Cost - Buy once, buy right…but don’t buy more than you need!
• Image quality – Make sure you are happy with the image quality. y
• Ease of use - Easy to use cameras get used more than the difficult ones.
• Megapixels – Most cameras have plenty of megapixels.
• Size and Weight – The smaller lighter cameras are easier to carry.
• Battery life – Long battery life helps ensure you don’t get caught without power.
• Battery type – Are they rechargeable or regular? Which type are you most comfortable with?
• Memory card size – If you are taking high resolution pictures make sure you get enough memory.
• Video quality –Many small digital cameras have video. Make sure you are happy with it..
The importance of each of these factors is dependent on your personal needs. As noted previously, the best small digital camera is the one that meets your needs. Don’t spend a lot of money for fancy options you will never use if you are just interested in basic pictures. Too many people spend too much on things they don’t need and won’t use.
The quality of most digital cameras today is amazing. You don’t have to break the bank to get a good one. Having said that, remember to “buy once, buy right.” My own personal small digital camera is a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS. It has many of the qualities I look for in a camera. The main reasons for my choice were:
Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Camera
• I believe Cannon makes some of the highest quality digital cameras.
• It has high image quality. The pictures are sharp, crisp and with true colors.
• It is a 10.0 megapixel camera.
• It has 10X optical zoom with Optical Image stabilization that corrects for camera shake.
• The video is good enough for a website (but it isn’t great).
• It is very easy to learn and use.
• The cost was higher than some others cameras, but for the features I was looking for it was a great buy
• The Battery life is decent (It uses two double A batteries which are easy to replace.
• The LCD size is 3.0 inches which makes it easy to see what you are shooting.
The best way to show what the Canon PowerShot SX120 IS can do is to show what type of pictures this camera takes.
The pictures shown below (and all the pictures and videos on those particular web pages) were taken with the Canon PowerShot SX120 IS. They were sized down for the website and are still sharp and focused.
Mt Vesuvius Italy
I purchased the Canon PowerShot SX120 IS last year before a cruse to the Mediterranean and have been extremely happy with this camera. Consequently, the Canon PowerShot SX120 IS is the best small digital camera for me.
You need to find a small digital camera that meets your needs. Canon has many great cameras models to choose from.
There are several other good companies that make cameras to consider for your vacation pictures.
Best of luck finding your best small digital camera!
Reurn from Best Small Digital Camera to Travel Supplies