Camping Packing List
A camping packing list for your inexpensive vacation is fun to assemble.
Camping is one of the cheapest easiest ways to get back to nature and reduce stress.
Camping helps us unwind, recharge our batteries, hike and maybe even catch up on some relaxing reading.
The packing list below is for a weekend of camping. It assumes that there will be more than one person on the trip.
This list is by no means exhaustive.
Camping in the wilderness is fun!
• Hiking shoes/boots
• Back Pack
• Tent (sturdy and easy to put up and take down)
• 1-2 Pair of jeans or kaki pants
• 2 Rugged shirts
• 1 Pair Shorts
• Bug Spray (Consider Deet)
• 2 Lighters (1 for backup)
• Swiss Army Knife
• One or two good books to read
• Water (Several quarts if you are carrying your own)
• Protein Bars (several)
• 2 Pair undergarments
• 2-3 pair of wool socks
• Marshmallows (for Smores)
• Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher
• Medicines/prescriptions (if required)
• Camera/Video Camera & Accessories (optional)
• GPS System (optional but smart if you will be hiking deep)
• Stove/cooking utensils and food
• Cell phone (with charger in case you need to recharge) for safety (assuming you can get a signal)
Return from Camping Packing List to National Parks Camping