• Research the best hotel and airline rates on line.
Book Travel Online.
• Consider one of the bed and breakfasts.
• Consider taking a tour that visits London. Tours get group discounts and these can be passed on to you.
• Book early to get great rates.
• If you fly into Heathrow a 13 miles from the middle of London) consider the relatively inexpensive under ground tube (train) to downtown.
• Purchase a good London guide book with detailed maps, things to do, insider tips, great restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife and more.
The few dollars you spend will be returned many times over. Whenever I travel to a new place I make sure and get one.
I recommend Frommer’s London 2010. I used an earlier version of Frommer’s guide book when I went to London and saved a great deal while seeing many sites on a relatively tight schedule.
Key Sites in London
Below is a short list of some of the key sites worth considering on you inexpensive London vacation.
Many places are easy walking distance of one another. Most are easily accessible by bus.
• Victoria Station
• Museum of London
• Westminster Abbey
• Westminster Cathedral
• River Thames
• Museum of London
• Tower of London
• Sherlock Holmes Museum
• Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum
• House of Parliament
• Big Ben
• Buckingham Palace
• Piccadilly Circus
Having fun at Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum
There are many other fascinating places worth considering as well that will suit a wide array of interests.
Getting around and site seeing
London can be extremely expensive if proper planning isn’t done before hand.
Below are some of the top ways to get discounts on your transportation and sites that you want to see. Here are some of the top money savers for you inexpensive London vacation.
The Big Bus Tours
This is an amazing tour bus deal. Tickets are good for 24 hours and you can hop on and off at 70 locations. There is live English commentary a free river cruise and walking tours.
Using this bus coupled with walking can help you see a good number of sites in a relatively short period of time. They also have special deals.
The London Pass
This pass gives FREE entry to over 50 attractions and public transportation on buses, tubes and trains. It also enables you to beat queues at selected attractions.