Russia tourism has much to offer if you like art, architecture, history and culture.
The two primary cities of interest are Moscow and St Petersburg.
Both are rich in history, culture and people.
And both have artwork and architecture that are absolutely amazing.
You can get a great education and see many incredible sites on your vacation. I have been to both and had a wonderful time.
There are big changes happening in Russia as the future bumps directly into the past!
View Larger Map
Inexpensive Vacation Ideas for Russia
• Consider traveling during the spring or fall to Russia to get better rates. The winters are brutal and the summers may be more expensive. I traveled in October and the weather was great.
• Consider taking a Russia Tour. Tours get group discounts and these can be passed on to you.
• Research the best hotel and airline rates on line.
Book Travel Online.
• Book early to get great rates.
• Purchase a good Moscow and St Petersburg guide book with detailed maps, things to do, insider tips, great restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife and more.
The few dollars you spend will be returned many times over. Whenever I travel to a new place I make sure and get one or two. Consider Frommer’s Moscow and St Petersburg. They put out excellent guides.
has much to offer. You can see Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral, the Gum shops and the Kremlin, all within short walking distance. But don’t miss the Bolshoi Theatre, the Subway Station, Novodevichy cemetery and more!
Moscow is the political, historical, and business center of Russia. I spent some time there and was able to see many of the incredible sites and lean about its rich history, culture and people.
St Basils Cathedral Day and Night!
St Petersburg Russia
is rich with history, culture, and was the capital of Russia for more than two hundred years. It was founded by Peter the Great in 1703.
It is easy to get overloaded (in a good way) when visiting the museums and taking in the amazing pictures, sculptures, and other artwork during your vacation.
The Hermitage - Winter Palace
Return form Russia Tourism to the Home Page