Sports Scuba Diving
Sports Scuba Diving is a blast! There are many great places to dive.
The attraction of scuba diving vacations is the exceptional dive equipment, trainers and places to dive that make this sport fun, if not somewhat addicting.
Here are some ideas to keep your scuba diving vacation as inexpensive as possible.
Inexpensive Vacation Ideas for Sports Scuba Diving
• Find a dive shop to work with that looks good. Use the web for your research. You may want to call and talk with the owners to determine the best dive shop to work with.
Diver in Roatan
Make sure you select a company that has a great reputation. Diving can be dangerous if you are not working with seasoned professionals.
• Consider an all inclusive dive operation.
When we were in the Galapagos Islands we stayed at an all inclusive resort that had an on site dive shop. The prices were fair and everything we needed was right there. It was great. In Roatan we did the same and also had a wonderful time.
• Ask the owner of the facility you will be staying at about the best times of the year to take your dive vacation when the diving is great and the prices are relatively low. This is known as a sweet spot!.
• Be careful of the times of year when there is inclement weather. You don’t want to get caught in major storm season, or worse a hurricane!
• Research the best airline rates (and hotel if you don’t go with an all inclusive facility) on line. See:
Book Travel Online.
• Consider a dive cruise. For example, we went on a dive cruise with Mike Ball (a dive company) on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and had a blast.
• Consider purchasing a guide book for the area you are in. Not all your time will be diving. Exploring the area you have traveled to can be great fun. Consider Frommer’s guides. There are other good ones as well.
• Book early to get the best rates.
Great places to Dive!
is a top diving spot surrounded by sparkling warm waters. It is located about 30 miles off the cost of Honduras in the Caribbean. It is a small island at only 33 miles long and 4 miles wide.
sports scuba diving is incredible. Grand Cayman is internationally known for its world class dive sites. The waters are crystal clear, the dive sites are legendary and the undersea life is amazing. It is suited for divers of all levels.
Bahamas Scuba Diving
is excellent. The waters are clear; and there is abundant fish, plant life and wrecks to see. You can see lush coral, sharks, sea turtles, and more.
Grand Turk Island
Grand Turk Island is constantly rated as some of the best diving in the world. The continental shelf plunges 7,000 feet just a few hundred yards from shore. Coral reefs and crystal clear water make diving conditions great.
Bonaire Scuba Diving
has some of the best shore diving in the world. Thousands of divers visit per year because of its beautiful marine park that has sunken ships, reefs to delight and a wide array of exotic sea life.
Galapagos Divers - Sports Scuba Diving
The Great White Shark
has several significant advantages that make it clearly the apex predator of the oceans. It has size, strong disengaging jaws with razor sharp teeth that are replaced as needed, an armored but flexible body, and rotating eyeballs to protective it against thrashing prey.
The Great White Shark Pictures
here were taken from Gaansbai South Africa. It is one of the premier spots on the planet for seeing these magnificent creatures. If you love adventure and seeing nature at its wildest, getting into a cage to see these creatures fits both needs!
Great White Shark Cage Diving
is an amazing adrenaline rush! This is an adventure for those who enjoy seeing these huge animals in their native environment.
The Great Barrier Reef
is the world’s largest coral reef. It stretches for some 1,600 miles and over an area of over 130,000 square miles. It is located in the coral sea off the coast of Queensland in northeast Australia.
A Clown Fish in Hiding! - Sports Scuba Diving
are the largest fish in the ocean and can grow in excess of 40 feet with mouths over five feet wide. They are amazing to dive with.
I hope these Sports scuba diving vacations properly reflect the fun and excitement that can be gained from this fantastic sport.
Diver in San Carlos Mexico - Sports Scuba Diving
What is your favorite dive spot?
Do you have a great story about your favorite dive spot? If so, please share it!
Return from Sports Scuba Diving to the Home Page