This simple vacation checklist is provided to make sure your home and regular life are taken care of while you are away.
• Stop your Mail (or have a neighbor pick it up) if you are going to be gone for more than a few days.
• Turn up the temperature that AC comes on (spring/summer). Saves electricity.
• Turn down temperature that Heat comes on (fall/winter). Saves electricity.
• Stop your newspaper(s)
• Ask a friend (or neighbor) to check on your house when you are gone
• Call your credit card companies to tell them you will be out of town and which cities(countries) you will be in. Otherwise, when you use your credit card in a different city they may stop it's usage. They do this to protect you in case your card had been stolen.
• Have someone take care of your animals/plants when you are away.
• Consider turning off your water at the source. This protects you in case you have a pipe burst. This is rare, but messy if it happens!
• Enjoy your vacation!